Subcontract agreements can only be accessed through an active project; once a user has navigated to the project in question they select the Subcontracts module from the left hand menu under the Procurement menu header.
Subcontracts Log Screen
The Subcontracts log screen we house all subcontractor agreements generated on this project. To create a new subcontract agreement the user must click on the 'Add Subcontract' button located in the upper right hand corner.
Add Subcontract Template
There are 3 tabs on the subcontract template: Subcontract, Terms & Conditions, & Agreement.
- Subcontract Number - This is for the companies internal numbering system
- Contract type - Is a predefined list, but the user can add to this list by selecting the + icon to the right of the drop down menu. Add Contract Type window - The user must enter in a contract type name and click on the 'Add' button to save it to oour global list.
- Contract Date - Is the acutal date on the contract documents
- Subcontractor Company - Is a list of all Companies from the directory
- Contract Roles - Is a predefined global list of roles which a user can select from, the user can select multiple roles if needed. The user can add to this list by selecting the + icon to the right of the drop down menu.Add Contract Role window - New custom contract roles added will be available to use in contracts for your other projects.
- Project Start Date - Is the date the subcontract needs to mobilized to site.
- Subcontractor Contact - Is a list of all contact from the directory that are assigned to the selected Subcontractor Company field.
- Segment Code (optional) - Is a drop down menu of all segment codes defined in the budget module for this project
- Cost Code (optional) - Is a drop down menu for only the subcontract cost codes which have been defined to the segment code in the Budget module
- Project Completion Date - Is the actual completion date of the project.
- Base Bid Amount - Is the dollar amount pre-alternates.
- Delay/Damages (cost/day) - If there are penalties for delaying the project in the user's contract, then those delay penalties must be listed here to make the subcontractor aware.
- Contract Billing Date (day of month) - Is the actual date the subcontractor must have their invoices sent in.
- Retainage Required - Is a Yes or No radial button to confirm if there is a holdback on the project.
- Retainage Percent - the percentage amount of the holdback/retainage.
- Date Received from Subcontractor - The date the subcontractor returned the subcontract agreement.
- Bond Required - Is a simple Yes or No radial buttons.
- Bond Amount - Is the dollar amount of the bond.
- TO - Allows the user to select whom the Subcontract is emailed to, the TO field is limited to the list of contacts setup in the company directory for the selected subcontractor.
- From - Is a drop down menu which only allows the user to select contacts form the Project Team list.
- CC - Is a drop down menu which only allows the user to select contacts form the Project Team list.
- Alternates - Allows the user to itemize all alternate pricing from the Subcontractor's quote, and select the 'Accepted' check box to the right of each line item. These alternates will be added to the Base Bid Amount total to give the user the Total Original Subcontract Amount.
- Attachments - Is an Add View files function which allows the user to upload files they want to assign to this subcontract agreement.
- Scope of Inclusions - Is a text editor which works just like Word; the user can enter in the details of what the subcontractor's scope of work is.
- Scope of Exclusions - Is a text editor which works just like Word; the user can enter in the details of what is outside the subcontractor's scope of work.
Terms & Conditions Tab
The Terms and Conditions tab is a predefined list of conditions that the user can select or deselect on an agreement by agreement basis.
- Select Column - Allows the user to pick and choose which terms and conditions they want.
- Add Term and Condition button - Allows the user to add more blank lines so more specific terms and conditions. These line items are are unique and a one-off, they will only appear on this template and cannot be transferred to another subcontract agreement.
The agreements tab is the default subcontract agreement document, if the user has defined another Subcontract template they will be able to apply it by clicking on the Choose Template button. All fields in yellow are sections which will be populated by information filled in on the Subcontract tab.
When completed the user can select the Submit button at the bottom of the page.