The Directory module is a global function; meaning that once a company and or contact is entered, this information is available to all users on all projects. The Directory module is located in the site navigation tool bar with the other general icons.
In the popup window select the Companies option.
All companies are displayed in numberic/alpha order; there are 3 filters the user can use to find a company:
- Search - Is a live search field
- Filter by Group - Allows the users the ability to filter the companies by a predefined Group term.
- Filter by Letter - Allows the user to view the companies by their first letter.
To add a new company into the directory select the 'Add Company' button in the upper right hand corner.
There are 3 tabs in the Add Company function; Company, Details, & Notes.
- Company Name - Is one of 2 fields which are required.
- Add Address button - Is the 2nd required field; the button is located to the right of the Company Name field.Address Name - Is required, the user must define the branch location. The Primary radial button means this will be the default location.Address fields - Is required, allows the user to enter in a mailing address for the company. This will be the default address for all company contacts.Phones - Is the default phone number for the company; there are 3 options Main, Mobile and Fax.
- Group - is not a required field, but it is helpful. Defining this field allows the user to filter by Architects, Developers, Owners, Engineers, General Contractors, Subcontractors, Vendors, & Associates.
- Subgroup - Is not a required field, but allows the user to break the Groups into smaller subgroups. The subgroup fields are user definable, TriBuild gives a subgroup called General.
- Social Media - The social media fields are Wedsite, Twitter, Linken In, & Facebook
Once the user has entered in the required information they can select either the next tab, or the Save, Save and Add Another, or Save and Add Person buttons.
The Details tab is optional, it is only meant for users to add more information.
- Company Description - Is a text field to add a brief description of what this company does.
- Accoount No. - Is a text field where the company can enter in the internal accounting numbering system for this company.
- CSI Divisions - The Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) codes are displayed in the drop down menu.
- Legal Status - Is a predefined list S-Corp, C-Corp, LLC, Sole Proprietorship, & Partnership.
- Time Zone - Is a predefined list of all time zones.
- Federal EIN - A Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity.
- Certifications - Is a predefined list MBE, WBE, DBE, SBE, & LBE/LSDB.
- State Tax ID - A state tax identification number (also known as a state EIN, a state employer ID, or a state tax registration).
- Annual Volume - The quantity or number of products sold or services provided by a company in a particular period of time.
- Signatory - Person who binds himself or herself, or the entity he or she is authorized to represent, by his or her signature to the terms of an agreement.
The Notes tab is optional, it is only meant for users to add more information. The notes text editor allows users to apply internal notes to be applied to this company. Any notes will only be visable in the directory.
No matter how much information is entered in, the user must click one of the Save, Save and Add Another, or Save and Add Person buttons. If a user just enters in the basic information without clicking one of the save buttons the system will revert back to the original format.