The letters in the correspondence module allows users to create formal documentation (i.e. Delay Letters, Substantial Completion, Change of Contract, etc...) This function is located in the left hand menu at the project level, under the documentation header.
How to Create a Letter
From the Correspondence Log screen the user can select the 'add Correspondence' button
The Correspondence template has 2 tabs Correspondence Details and Document.
- Correspondence Number - Is a required field; auto populates to the next number in sequence, but the user can over ride.
- Correspondence Date - Is a required field; this field will default to today's date, but can be overwritten by the user.
- Respond By Date - will auto populate to 7 days after the creation date. It can be set to your specific needs. If no response is required, the field can be left blank.
- From - Is a required field and must be populated.
- To - Is a required field and must be populated, only contacts set as part of the Project Team will be listed. Refresh your memory on adding contacts here.
- CC - Is a list of contacts from the Project Team list.
- Subject - Is a required manual entry field.
- Location - Is a manual entry field which can be used to add more details to the letter.
- Reference - Is a manual entry field which can be used to add more details to the letter.
- Drawing - Is a manual entry field which can be used to add more details to the letter.
- Related Project Activity - Is a list of tasks from the Activity Log.
- Attachments - Is the add/view file function which allows user to upload files straight to the document, or select files which have already been uploaded to the project Library module.
- Body - Allow the user to enter in the specific details for the letter.
- Preview and Send Button - Allows the user the ability to preview the document before emailing it.
- Save Button - Allows the user the ability to save the document as a draft copy.
The document tab allows the user to review the verbiage on the document before emailing. The document tab will always appear with TriBuild's default template, but a user can create a custom verbiage template (i.e. delay letter), so they can have company specific legal verbiage. All of the templates are editable, but no changes made on the fly will be saved to any template.
Once the user selects the Preview and Send button, they are taken to through the email process and this is the last chance to review the document before emailing.
Need help customizing your letter templates? Contact our support team who will be happy to arrange a training session.
Read next 'How to Record a Response.'